you for choosing Sierra Tel Internet. We look forward to providing you with fast, dependable Internet Service. All of our Customers need to agree to our terms and conditions before their account is fully enabled and before using our Services. If you are authorizing someone else to order service on your telephone number, you will need to complete a DSL Permission form and return it to STI.
Internet Local Internet Access
Terms & Conditions
Tel Internet (Company), affiliated with Sierra Telephone Company,
Inc. (Sierra), offers Internet access to Customers in accordance with
the following terms and conditions. By using Company's Internet Services,
Customer accepts and agrees to these terms and conditions and further
agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of Service as prescribed by
the Company from time to time.
BY USING SIERRA TEL
INTERNET SERVICES YOU AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH
IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT,
YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY END YOUR USE OF COMPANY'S INTERNET SERVICES AND
COMPANY SOFTWARE AND NOTIFY THE COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT
TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU SHOULD RETURN OR DESTROY ALL COPIES OF SOFTWARE
PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY INCLUDING THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY
THE COMPANY. COMPANY MAY CHANGE THESE GUIDELINES AND/OR THE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE, AND SUCH CHANGES
SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THESE GUIDELINES AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF SUCH CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF COMPANY'S
SERVICES SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
IF ANY CHANGE TO THIS AGREEMENT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU AGREE TO
TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY'S SERVICES AND YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BY
NOTIFYING THE COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT. "SERVICES" REFERS
TO ALL SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH COMPANY, INCLUDING
WITHOUT LIMITATION INTERNET ACCESS AND THE LICENSING OF COMPANY OR THIRD
1: Network Management Practices
- STI does not participate in any traffic shaping, filtering, or prioritization schemes that would unreasonably discriminate the transmission of lawful network traffic. Likewise, STI does not block lawful content, ports, applications, services, or non-harmful devices (subject to reasonable network management). Traffic information is not stored, provided to any third parties, or used by STI for non-network management purposes. Exception: As an anti-spam practice, STI does require that all outbound email traffic (SMTP Port 25) originating from STI network addresses be routed through an approved STI mail server. Outbound email traffic not routed through an approved STI email server is blocked. This is a standard industry practice and in no way affects the performance of the network. Email Virus filtering is applied to all inbound and outbound email. This filtering cannot be turned off. Email spam filtering is applied to all inbound and outbound email. Inbound spam filters can be bypassed in the user control panel.
- STI currently provides no specialized services that impact the performance of the network.
- STI only provides technical support for STI approved DSL Routers on the STI DSL network. Currently these modems are limited to Zyxel models 660H-D1, 660H-61, 660HW-D1, 660HN-51, 660R-D1, 660R-F1, and VMG-4325, and Comtrend model AR5381U. Customers connecting unsupported devices must provide their own support, and may be subject to removing said devices if they are deemed harmful to the network. Information required to connect an unsupported device will be provided to the customer upon request.
- Users may attach devices behind their STI issued routers for the transmission and receipt of lawful network traffic to include (but not be limited to) voice, video, and other types of data services.
- Latency on the STI network is, on average, 25-100ms. The STI network is suitable for real-time and/or time sensitive applications including (but not limited to) voice and video streaming.
- For any issues regarding service please email email@example.com or phone STI Technical Support at 559-683-4611, 209-966-3636, or 1-877-658-4611.
- For questions regarding STI's conformance to Net Neutrality rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 2: Broadband Performance Characteristics
- Basic DSL
This is our basic package. It is great for surfing the web, on-line shopping and banking, and sending emails with attachments. Downloading large files like movies and music is a breeze. It easily handles voice applications, as well as 1 stream of SD video. While actual speeds vary (depending on line conditions and distance), users can typically expect download speeds of 2Mbps to 3Mbps.
- Standard DSL
This package is very fast. It does everything our Basic package does, and more. It excels at online gaming, and works well for people who work from home or connect to work through a VPN. It handles downloading large files like movies and music very quickly. It easily handles voice applications, as well as 2 streams of SD video, or 1 stream of HD video. It is also superb for households who connect simultaneously with two or more computers. While actual speeds vary (depending on line conditions and distance), users can typically expect download speeds of 3Mbps to 5Mbps.
- Premium DSL
This is our fastest DSL package. It does everything our standard package does, and more. It excels at online gaming, and works well for people who work from home or connect to work through a VPN. It downloads large files like movies and music very quickly. It easily handles voice applications, as well as up to 4 streams of SD video, or 2 streams of HD video. It is also superb for households and businesses who connect simultaneously with multiple computers. While actual speeds vary (depending on line conditions and distance), users can typically expect download speeds of 10Mbps to 12Mbps.
- Please see our DSL product page for pricing options.
Section 3: Promise
- Internet Services are billed in advance on a monthly pro-rated basis. STI will apply these charges to the Customer's current Billing Method according to the rules applicable to each specific Billing Method (please see section 1.1 for a full explanation of Billing Methods). Failure to pay for Internet service charges according to the rules for the applicable Billing Method will result in a non-payment disconnection of Internet services.
- Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate Customer's account and Services, without further notice, upon Customer's transition into non-payment status. Such suspension or termination of Services does not relieve Customer of the obligation to pay all of the Customer's account charges.
- Should customer be disconnected due to non-payment, a $9.95 reconnect fee will apply.
- Should Customer disconnect DSL or the phone number that DSL is installed on (for voluntary or non-payment reasons) within the first 6 months of service, a $25.00 Early Termination fee will apply and the 6 month early termination term will be re-set.
- Should Customer relocate DSL within the first 6 months of service, a $25.00 Early Termination fee will apply and the 6 month early termination term will be re-set.
- Should Customer change the phone number that DSL service resides on, a $30.00 phone line change fee will apply.
- In the event of account delinquency, Customer agrees to pay Company its reasonable expenses, including attorneys' and collection agency fees incurred in enforcing its rights under this Agreement. A reinstatement fee (equal to the setup fee) for the service will also apply.
- Customers are responsible for insuring their email of record (the email contact that STI has on file for Customer) is accurate. Credit/ debit card accounts with discrepancies will be shut down until the discrepancy is resolved by the Customer. Customers with expired credit/debit card accounts, or other account discrepancies are responsible for contacting STI to resolve said discrepancy. STI will not be held responsible for nonsufficient fund (NSF) charges applied to Customer's credit/debit card or checking account.
3.1: Billing Methods
- All Customer accounts will be billed by our affiliate, Sierra Telephone. Each Billing Method is subject to the possibility of non-payment disconnections. If the customer fails to pay their Sierra Telephone bill in a timely manner, all Internet Services will be disabled. This action will constitute a non-payment disconnection.
- Combined Billing Option: Customer may have all recurring Internet Service charges and non-recurring fees applied to an existing, or newly created, Sierra Telephone Account where telephone landline service charges are billed. STI will require that the customer provide a valid Sierra Telephone phone number and that the Customer is an authorized party on the phone number so identified.
- Fictitious Billing Option: Customer may request a separate account for all recurring Internet Service charges and non-recurring fees.
- Payment Options:
- ONLINE BILL PAYMENT (eBill) - View and/or pay your bill online at www.sierratel.com. You may make one-time payments, or set up monthly automatic payments by eCheck or credit card.
- CASH or CHECK - Drive-through drop boxes are located in front of both Sierra Telephone Business Offices. Payments may also be made in person or by mail. During regular business hours, you may pay your bill by telephone by calling one of the Sierra Telephone Business Offices and using an authorized checking account to pay by eCheck.
- eCHECK - Payment by eCheck may be made by contacting a Customer Care Associate over the telephone, during normal business hours.
- CREDIT CARD - Use ATM debit, or charge to VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card. During regular business hours, you may pay your bill in person or by telephone by calling one of the Sierra Telephone Business Offices and using an authorized credit card.
- AUTO CREDIT CARD - Payment is automatically charged to your credit card each month. Contact our business office to set up automatic payments.
- AUTOMATED CLEARING HOUSE (ACH)/AUTO DEBIT - Payment is automatically debited from your checking account each month. Visit our business office to establish this service.
Section 4: Customer Use
- Company's Internet
access Service may only be used for lawful purposes. Spam, unsolicited
messages, and any other form of harassment will not be permitted for
any reason. Transmission of any material in violation of any federal
or state regulation is prohibited. Company reserves the right to terminate
Customer's account without notification in response to the above-mentioned
- Security probing
or security breaking tools are not allowed on any Company-owned systems.
- Use of robots or
any automated software or device to initiate an unattended connection
to Company or to maintain an open, unattended connection to Company
is not allowed.
- "Unlimited Access"
pertains to attended connections only. A 20-minute inactivity timeout
will be set on Standard and Premium dial-up accounts.
- Customers accessing
the Internet through simultaneous dial up connections are required to
purchase additional dial up accounts for each simultaneous connection.
- Although Company
offers unlimited access, those users connected longer than 10 hours
will be disconnected. Customers may re-dial and connect to Company's
Services immediately upon disconnection. Customers requiring connections
longer than 10 hours should call Company to upgrade to a dedicated dial-in
- Customer may not re-transmit, re-route, re-direct, or re-sell internet Access by any means, or for any reason. Internet Access is for Customer use only. Customer is prohibited from re-directing or broadcasting Internet access whether via wire-line or wirelessly for any use other than Customers own use. Wireless access points used by Customer must be locked down such that no other person or entity can gain Internet access through Customer's wireless access point. Customer wireless access points for public use must be configured with open DNS. Please contact STI technical support for details. Customers not adhering to this policy will have their Internet account shut down immediately.
- Customers with
computers infected with viruses, trojans, mailers, or other malicious
code causing a surplus of network traffic will be placed on "limited
access." All Customers placed on limited access are restricted
to using webmail for sending email.
- News Group access is limited to 10 gigabyte of traffic per month. Customers who require more than the 10 gigabyte limit are encouraged to purchase their own News Group account from a third party News Group provider.
Section 5: Email
- Items in the Deleted Items folder will be deleted every 7 days. For
this reason, Company recommends that Customer download mail to Customer
PC, rather than saving mail on Company server.
- Customers subscribing to Company's Junk Email elimination system agree
that all junk mail older than 7 days will be deleted from the Company
- Company will use Company email system to correspond with Customer
from time to time. For this reason, it is important that Customer check
their email on Company system on a regular basis.
- Customer email accounts are limited to ten (10) megabytes of storage
on Company email server.
- Customer email older than 45 days will be purged from Company's mail
server. Customer is fully responsible for downloading or saving any
customer email older than 45 days.
- Company may immediately terminate any account which it determines,
in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with
any "spam" or other unsolicited bulk email. In addition, because
damages are often difficult to quantify, if actual damages cannot be
reasonably calculated, then Customer agrees to pay Company liquidated
damages of $5 for each piece of "spam" or unsolicited bulk email
transmitted from or otherwise connected with Customer account.
Otherwise Customer agrees to pay Company's actual damages to the extent
such actual damages can be reasonably calculated. Customer agrees that
Company may charge such damages to Customer's selected Payment Method.
- Customer email accounts that have not been accessed for 120 days will be purged from the Company mail server. Customer is responsible for checking email periodically to prevent Customer email account(s) from being deleted.
- Due to the nature of Internet mail, Company can not restore lost mail items. Customer is responsible for downloading and/or saving important mail to their local client.
Section 6: Brokering
- Re-selling of data
space on Company servers by Customer is strictly prohibited. A website
or server directory is made available to Customer with the expectation
it will be used by the Customer and server space may not be re-sold
to third parties without the express prior written agreement of Company.
- Customer agrees
not to sell or redistribute Internet Services to any third party. Customer
also agrees not to sell the Internet Services to any third party which
in turn provides, or which could provide, Internet Services to its subscribers
as an Internet provider or an Internet Services provider. Customer agrees
not to route or redirect any Internet Service or data packet from Customer's
site to a third party site. No network routers, switches, access servers,
or hubs shall be placed on the Customer's Local Area Network with the
intent to redistribute Internet Services from Customer's site.
Section 7: Confidentiality
and Privacy Notice
- While Company will
make every effort to keep the personal information of its Customers
private, Customer should not consider any communications to be protected
or confidential. Company cannot guarantee to keep material stored by
Customer completely private, and strongly suggests that Customer encrypt
Customer's email and files.
Section 8: No Control
- Customer acknowledges
that Company exercises no control whatsoever over the content of information,
products, or Services passing through Company equipment or facilities.
In addition, (in accordance with the "Good Samaritan" provision
of the federal Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. § 230) Company
is not responsible for the content of any information, products, or
services passing through its network whether or not the information
originated from one of Company's customers or by another third party.
Acquisition or procurement of information, products, or Services through
the facilities or Services of Company occurs solely at the risk of Customer;
and Company expressly disclaims any responsibility for claims, losses,
liability, or damages which any person or entity alleges arises from
obtaining or disseminating such information, products, or Services.
- Company is not
liable for any loss of data resulting from delays, nondeliveries, misdeliveries,
or Service interruptions caused by Company or anyone else.
- Company does not
provide virus or firewall protection to Customer. Company does not guarantee
effectiveness of its email virus protection service. Customer is responsible
for installing and maintaining its own virus and firewall protection.
Company will not be held responsible for damage to Customer's equipment
or data files due to viruses, trojan horses, or other malicious code
transmitted via the Company's system.
Section 9: Limitation
- In no event shall
Company be liable to or through Customer or anyone else for:
- any direct,
indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, and/or extraordinary or
consequential damages of any nature whatsoever even if Company has
been advised of the possibility of such (including, but not limited
to, lost profits, lost savings, interruption of business, or by
reason of mistakes, interruptions, delays, errors, defects in Service,
or faulty or misdirected transmission) suffered for any reason by
Customer or anyone with respect to Customer's account or equipment;
- any damages,
loss, or liability suffered by Customer or anyone as a result of
any failure of Customer's obligations under this Agreement or applicable
law or regulation, or with respect to the Customer's account; or
- any claim,
action, or proceeding against Customer or anyone by any third party
for loss, liability, or damages-any or all of which is based upon,
arises out of, or is derived from or otherwise related to the use
and/or access which is the subject of this Agreement. Customer's
right to use Company's Services and systems is provided "as is"
and "when available" and without warranty of any kind or nature,
written or oral, express or implied, including without limitation
the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular
- This limitation
of warranties was a material factor in the establishment of the fees
charged for Company's Services and system and shall survive the expiration
or termination of this Agreement.
- Customer acknowledges
that Customer's use of Company's Services and systems and the Internet
in general is at Customer's sole risk and no representation or warranty
has been made that Company's Services and systems will be uninterrupted
or error free.
- The Company's maximum
liability to Customer or anyone using Customer's account for any and
all damage, loss, or liability of any kind, including without limitation
Company's negligence, shall be limited to the amount paid by Customer
to Company for Internet Service charges during the six-month period
preceding the claim.
Section 10: Indemnity
Section 11: Termination
- Customer agrees
to indemnify, defend, through attorneys reasonably acceptable to Company,
and hold Company, its officers, agents, and employees harmless from
and against any claim, damages, loss, proceeding, liability, judgment,
settlement, costs, or expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees,
fines, and penalties) of every kind and character suffered by Company,
its officers, agents, and employees by reason of any breach or alleged
breach or failure of any of the agreements, representations, duties,
or obligations of Customer under this Agreement.
- This indemnification
obligation shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
Section 12: Copyright Infringement and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Company, without
prejudice to any of its other rights or remedies, may immediately and
without further notice, terminate or suspend Customer's account and
Service and this Agreement for cause, and may delete all data, files,
or other information stored with the Company if the use of the Customer's
account, does not comply with Company's policies or the terms and conditions
of Service; including, but not limited to,
- account delinquency
or abuse or unlawful use of the Services;
- the use of
Customer's account disrupts or, in Company's reasonable judgment,
could disrupt Company's business operations; or
- Customer or
any entity in which Customer has an interest offers products or
Services that compete with products or Services offered by Company
or any of its affiliates.
- Company may
at Company's discretion deny Internet access to those Customers
who use Company's network to store, post, transmit, display, or
otherwise make available obscene, defamatory, trade libelous, harassing,
abusive, or threatening language.
Internet access may be terminated by Company without notice if Customer
breaks copyright law by posting or sharing copyrighted material.
- In addition to
the foregoing, Company may terminate this Agreement without cause, upon
30 days written notice to Customer.
Section 13: General
- STI subscribes to the safe Harbor clause of the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998).
- As such, STI will upon notification of copyright infringment by a copyright owner, the RIAA (Recording Industry of America) or other governing body, notify the accused subscriber of such infringement. The subscriber has 7 days to counter notify STI that the material has been identified incorrectly as copyrighted material. To be effective under this subsection, a counter notification must be a written communication provided to STI's designated agent (email@example.com) that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which STI may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
- Upon receipt of a subscriber's legitimate counter notification, STI will promptly provide the complainant with a copy of the counter notification and restore access to the material 10 days following the date that the counter notification was sent to the complainant, unless STI's designated agent is served a subpoena by the complainant. Upon receiving a subpoena, STI will remove access to the material again until otherwise advised by the complainant.
- Repeat copyright infringement will result in temporary account suspension, up to and including permanent account termination.
- Hotels, retaurants, coffee shops, trailer parks, and other business that provide public access to the Internet are not excluded from STI's copyright infringement process. Such institutions should encrypt their wireless networks, and deploy a filtering solution to prevent copyright infringement on their network.
- These terms and
conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or
agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with terms
and conditions of any order submitted.
Section 14: Customer
- Customer represents
and warrants that Customer is over 18 years of age, that Customer has
read this Agreement and Customer accepts and agrees to all of the terms
and conditions of Service as set forth above.
Section 15: Verify
Your Local Dial-Up Access Number With Your Local Telephone Company
- Company is not
liable for long distance telephone charges incurred by Customer.
- Customer is responsible
for verifying that the access numbers Customer uses to connect to the
Internet are local and toll-free telephone
Section 16: Services
- To see Services
and Pricing, please visit the STI home
page and select the service from the menu. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Section 17: Obsolete
Section 18: DSL Customers
- There is no bandwidth guarantee with DSL Service. DSL
speeds are delivered on a best effort basis. Subscribers who are located
farthest from Telephone Company facilities will receive slower than
advertised speeds. Customer may experience slower DSL speeds during
periods of peak usage.
- Please be advised that the “always on”
nature of broadband Internet connection makes Customer's equipment more
susceptible to hacking activity. Company highly recommends that Customer
purchase and install anti-virus and firewall protection to safeguard
Customer's data and equipment against such activity.
- Company will charge Customer an Early Termination fee of $25.00 if Customer's DSL account is canceled or terminated for any reason, including disconnection due to non-payment or relocation, within the first 6 months of service. For setup fee information, please see the DSL page.
- Customer wishing to cancel DSL prior to installation
date, may and must do so prior to 48 business hours of the installation
time. If Customer has service or speed issues that cannot be resolved, Customer can cancel within 30 days without penalty. Early termination
fees do not apply to changing DSL installation date or time. DSL
Service installation typically takes 2 to 3 days; however,
installation may take up to 1 week.
- If Customer requests DSL equipment installation services,
Customer shall be subject to installation fees listed on our DSL
page. Customer acknowledges and agrees that DSL installation may
be performed by an independent contractor hired by Company to perform
such services. Customer further acknowledges and agrees that in no event
shall Company be liable to Customer or anyone else for any direct, indirect,
special, incidental, exemplary, and/or extraordinary or consequential
damages of any nature whatsoever suffered for any reason by Customer
or anyone with respect to the acts or omissions of such independent
contractor. If Customer misses a scheduled DSL Service setup appointment,
Customer will be charged a $25 "missed appointment" fee.
- DSL equipment is either rented by Customer or Customer owns the equipment.
Customers who have been given DSL equipment by Company now own (and are responsible for) the equipment. The DSL loaner program has been discontinued; equipment previously loaned to Customer is now owned by Customer. Customers who purchase DSL equipment from Company are responsible for their DSL equipment. DSL modems/routers will be replaced at no charge should the equipment fail for a warranty period of one year from the date of purchase. DSL equipment that does not fall under the one-year warranty period can be tested by Company at Customer request. Likewise, Customer may choose to purchase replacement equipment at the current market rate. Rented equipment that has failed will be replaced at no charge.
- Customer agrees to Company's prices as posted on the DSL page. Prices
are subject to change without notice.
- Customer's Internet access may be terminated by Company
without notice if Customer breaks copyright law by posting or sharing
- Company recommends that Customers who use an alarm
monitoring system notify Company of such before DSL installation takes
place. Company recommends a DSL splitter installation in such instances.
Company will not be held liable if DSL interferes with any alarm or
monitoring system for any reason. Company recommends that Customer test
their alarm and/or monitoring system (with DSL running) after DSL installation
has taken place.
Redistribution of Services
Section 21: HotSpots
- Redistribution Package: Redistribution services are available to business accounts only. STI reserves the right to block redistribution of STI service, if STI deems the redistribution unreasonable in scope.
- Commercial redistribution by Customer for resale is not permitted. Redistribution of services without prior approval of STI will result in immediate termination of service. Redistribution services may be shut down by Company at any time, and for any reason without prior notification.
- Customer is responsible for all abuse activity which may occur on redistributed services network. Customer will be charged the standard network labor rate for abuse investigation performed by company for abuse that takes place on redistribution services network.
Section 22: Spam and
- STI HotSpots are
to be used for supplemental Internet access only, and not as a primary
means of Internet access. Company may at company discretion block HotSpot
access to subscribers who (in Company's judgment) over-utilize company
- Company email virus
protection is not intended to be the sole source of virus protection
- Company does not
warranty the effectiveness of Company email virus protection system.
Due to the nature of computer virus infection and unwanted computer
intrusion, Company strongly recommends that Customer purchase and install
anti-virus and firewall protection software on Customer computer(s)
before using Company Internet access service.
- Company applies
anti-spam and anti-virus service to all accounts. Customer may disable
anti-spam service, however, anti-virus service must remain enabled on
all Customer email accounts.
- Company does not
permit other companies to send unsolicited email to Customer, nor does
Company approve of such activity.
Section 23: Web
Hosting System Only (Both Dedicated and Shared)
- All web-hosting
accounts (dedicated and shared) have outgoing file transfer limitations.
- Please note, additional
file transfer charges may apply to web space that is included with Customer's
dial-up or high-speed access account. Please visit our pricing page
for additional monthly charges that may apply to your website due to
monthly file transfer that surpasses the limitations set by Company.
- Any violation of
any person's intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights
of publicity or other personal rights is prohibited. Company is required
by law to remove or block access to content appearing on or through
the Services upon receipt of proper notice of copyright infringement
(see "Copyright Infringement Notice Information" below).
- Customer agrees to pay STI for domain registration fees for every renewal period that their domain is registered through STI. All Customer domains are automatically renewed on an annual basis, unless Customer's account is discontinued for any reason. If customer wishes to cancel their domain registration, they must do so at least 2 months prior to the re-registration date of their domain. All domain registration fees paid to STI are non-refundable.
- Spamming, whether
or not it overloads the Services or disrupts Service to Company's Customers,
is prohibited. The term "spamming" includes, but is not limited to,
the sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial message over the Internet
or maintaining an open SMTP policy. Company reserves the right to determine,
in its sole and absolute discretion, whether email recipients were from
an opt-in email list. Forging, misrepresenting, omitting, or deleting
message headers, return mailing information, and/or Internet protocol
addresses to conceal or misidentify the origin of a message is prohibited.
- Use of the Services
for creating or sending Internet viruses, worms, trojan horses, or time
bombs, or for pinging, flooding, or mailbombing, or engaging in denial
of Service attacks is prohibited.
- It is also prohibited
for any Customer to engage in other activity that is intended to disrupt
or interfere with, or that results in the disruption of or interference
with, the ability of others to effectively use the Services (or any
connected network, system, Service, or equipment) or conduct their business
over the Internet.
- "Hacking" and related
activities is prohibited. "Hacking" includes, but is not limited to,
the following activities: illegally or without authorization, accessing
computers, accounts or networks, penetrating or attempting to penetrate
security measures, port scans, stealth scans, and other activities designed
to assist in hacking.
- The export of encryption
software outside of the United States and/or other acts resulting in
violations of United States law relating to the export of software is
- The use of the
Services to store, post, display, transmit, advertise, or otherwise
make available pornography and/or content of a violent nature is prohibited.
In particular, Company is required by law, and will, notify law enforcement
agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of child pornography
on, or being transmitted through, the Services.
- The use of the
Services to engage in any activities that are determined by Company,
in its sole and absolute discretion, to be illegal is prohibited. Such
illegal activities include, but are not limited to, storing, posting,
displaying, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi or pyramid
schemes, the sale of counterfeit, stolen, or other illegal items, fraudulently
charging credit cards or displaying credit card information of third
parties without their consent, and failure to comply with applicable
on-line privacy laws. Company will cooperate fully with appropriate
law enforcement agencies in connection with any and all illegal activities
occurring on or through the Services.
- Use of the Services
to store, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available obscene,
defamatory, trade libelous, harassing, abusive, or threatening language
- Engaging in any
activity that, in Company's sole and absolute discretion, disrupts,
interferes with, or is harmful to (or threatens to disrupt, interfere
with, or be harmful to) the Services, Company's business, operations,
reputation, goodwill, Customers, and/or Customer relations, or the ability
of Company's customers to effectively use the Services is prohibited.
Such prohibited activities include making available any program, product,
or Service that is designed to or could be used to violate this Usage
Policy. In addition, the failure by a Customer to cooperate with Company
in correcting or preventing violations of this Usage Policy by, or that
result from the activity of Customer or a customer of Customer is a
violation of this Usage Policy. In general, Company does not monitor
its Customers' websites or activities to determine whether they are
in compliance with this Usage Policy. However, when Company becomes
aware of any violation of this Usage Policy or its User Agreement, Company
may take any action to stop or correct such violation, including, but
not limited to, shutting down a website, denying access to the Services
or to the Internet, and/or removing information. In addition, Company
may take action against a Customer or a customer of such Customer because
of the activities of such Customer. Company reserves the right to take
any such action even though such action may affect other customers of
- Company may disclose
any information in its possession, including, without limitation, information
about Customer's Internet transmissions and website activity in order
to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request,
warrant, statute, regulation, or governmental request, to protect Company
or others from harm, and/or to ensure the proper operation of the Services.
Company has no obligation to notify any person, including the Customer
about whom information is sought, that Company has provided the information.
- In accordance with
the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Company has adopted a policy that
provides for termination of websites hosted by Company that are found
to infringe on copyrights of third parties. If a copyright holder believes
that there has been a violation of his or her copyright on a website
that is hosted by Company or its subsidiaries, and the copyright holder
wants Company to remove the website or disable the material in question,
Company will remove the website or disable the material if the copyright
holder provides us with all of the following information:
- A signature
of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive
right that is allegedly infringed.
of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed, or, in
the case of claimed infringement of multiple copyrighted works,
a representative list of such works.
of the material that is claimed to be infringing or is the subject
of infringing activity and that should be removed or access to which
should be disabled, with information reasonably sufficient to permit
us to locate the material.
reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the person giving
the notification, such as an address and telephone, and, if available,
an electronic mail address at which such person may be contacted.
- A statement
that the person giving the notification has a good faith belief
that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized
by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement
that the information in the notification is accurate, and under
penalty of perjury, that the person giving the notification is authorized
to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly
- Company may turn
down or disconnect Customer's dedicated web hosting server if Company
assesses that such server has become infected with a virus, worm, trojan,
or other malicious code. Company will make a good faith effort to contact
Customer and correct the problem before shutting down the server, however,
Company reserves the right to shut down the server without notice if
such problem arises.